Our Infection Control Statement
We are committed to providing you healthcare in a safe and clean environment. You can be assured that the Clinical Team which consists of the GPs, Practice Nurses, Receptionists, Admin Team and other Healthcare professionals are trained in infection prevention and control. We address factors relating to the spread of infection within our healthcare setting.
What you can expect from us
Hand hygiene is very important and you can expect our Clinical Team to cleanse their hands after each patient contact.
Cleaning, Disinfection and Sterilising
· Any clinical equipment in use has gone through a cleaning processing
· We use single disposable instruments
· All high priority areas are cleaned on a daily basis
· All toys are cleaned on a daily basis
· Cleaning of the premises is carried out by Integral Ltd who are accredited to ISO standards
· Integral Ltd work to this Infection_control_cleaning_schedule_Townside_PCC_9_May_2011.pdf We also have a copy on display in our Waiting Room.
· Suitable clothes and aprons/gloves are worn by the Clinical Team when carrying out medical procedures to reduce the risk of infection
· We have a room to use to avoid you waiting in our Waiting Room if you are feeling unwell
What we expect from you
· We ask that you do not eat or drink in our Waiting Room
· That you dispose of used tissues in the bin
· That you inform the Receptionist if you are feeling sick