Welcome to Peel GPs
Working within the NHS, Our NHS, Your NHS
Do I have to wear a face covering when attending Peel GPs?
- YES, We ask you to wear a face covering while you are on the premises at all times. This includes whether you have an appointment or attending our Reception Desk.
- Face coverings should not be used by children under the age of 3 or those who may find it difficult to manage them correctly.
- It is important to use face coverings properly and wash your hands before putting them on and taking them off. Your nose and mouth should be covered.
You are still required to Social Distance, even though you are wearing a face covering.
Your face covering can be a washable cloth covering, a scarf or a single use mask.
- Before you enter the building, apply your face covering
- You should wear the face covering at all times while you are in the building, unless our GPs or Nursing Team ask you to remove the face covering for an examination
- When you leave the building and if you wish to take your face covering off, ensure that you dispose of the face covering responsibly or if a washable face covering take home and wash on a hot wash
What should I do when attending the Surgery for an appointment?
- On the day of your appointment you will receive a call from the GP or a member of the Nursing Team, who will ask you if you have any symptoms that could be COVID related
- It is important the you answer your telephone call, if you miss the call we will contact you again
- If you still do not answer your telephone, your appointment is cancelled and you will need to re-book
- We are monitoring the number of patients within our Waiting Room and corridors and allowing time for the GPs and Nursing Team to clean their Clinical Rooms between patients.
- Please note NHS Property Services is allowing only 1 person in the lift at any one time
We would appreciate your assistance by:
- Wearing a face covering
- Not arriving more than 10 minutes before your appointment time, but if you do arrive early we will ask you to wait outside the building
- Attending your appointment on your own, where possible
- Checking in at our Reception Desk
- Washing your hands
- Removing vinyl gloves if you are wearing them, while you are with us
- Remaining in the Waiting Room and following Social Distancing Rules
The GPs or Nursing Team will call you for your appointment and instruct you further on social distancing while you are in their rooms.
The easiest and fastest way to get any kind of help is with askmyGP. It saves us time too, so please help us to help you.
Photo disclaimer: Please note that if you attach photographs to your appointment requests, these images will be seen by the Receptionists when allocating your request to the GP/Practice Nurse. By submitting photographs, you consent to these images being viewed and stored within your electronic NHS GP record.
You can send your request 24/7
We aim to respond within 2 working days. If your problem is more urgent you can still complete a request, but we would ask that you phone Reception on 0161 762 1515 to ensure it is flagged as a priority.
We are open Monday - Friday 8a.m. - 6:30 p.m. Any requests sent when we are closed will be read the following working day.
We are closed Saturday and Sunday, so any requests sent at the weekend will not be read until Monday morning.
We will see you same day if needed.
All our registered patients are welcome, parents and carers on behalf of patients too.
You can name a GP if you wish (so long as they are working today)
You may prefer a message, telephone, video or face to face response
You can sign up now, with no paperwork
Visit us on Facebook Like us on Facebook
Infection Control audit
We had our Infection Control inspection carried out on 13th July 2017. We work hard at ensuring the environment is clean and staff follow policies for handwashing and during clinical procedures.
We are pleased to announce we were given a rating of 98% from Bury Council Public Health Assessor.
We are happy to announce our ratings following our recent inspection in November 2017. Read our full reports by clicking the link below.
CQC Rating overall : GOOD
Click here to view our report
Weekend appointments are available for all our patients through the Easy GP Extended Working Hours Service. Please contact reception to book or alternatively book online.
We are currently accepting new patients who reside within our Practice boundary. For further information please look at our New Patients page.
We work with Manchester Medical School and the North Western Deanery in training medical students and doctors within a General Practice setting. You will always be informed if a medical student/Foundation year doctor is present during a consultation with the GP or if your appointment is with the Foundation year doctor. Foundation year doctors are qualified and registered by the GMC with a licence to practice. You have the right to decline, but we hope that you will assist us in the training process.
You can access our 1st floor either by stairs or via the lifts located in the main lobby. Our Reception Desk is user friendly with a low level area. A Loop Induction system is installed to assist you if you are hearing impaired. We have an interview room, should you wish to discuss a confidential matter. Patient toilets including disabled toilets are located on our floor. All clinical rooms have examination couches that can be lowered and raised for your convenience. You are welcome to breastfeed in any public areas of the Practice. We have a private room for baby changing and feeding if needed. Please ask at Reception.
Browse the rest of our website to see what healthcare services we provide on-site. You are always welcome to telephone our Reception on 0161 762 1515 should you have a query.
Link to NHS Bury CCG website which provides up to date information on services available within the NHS and Bury
Stopping Smoking and Living Well
If you would like more information please visit our Living Healthy page click here
(Site updated 07/09/2020)