Some services offered fall outside the scope of the NHS and therefore a fee is normally payable.
First, we ask that you pay the set fee. All Non-NHS services are non-urgent, so please do not ask, as you will be refused.
Second your request is then placed in the queue for processing. There is normally a turnaround time of 14 working days, but may be longer depending on the volume of requests at the time.
Third, if we are unable to accommodate your request, your payment will be refunded in full.
The following guide lists the current rates for non-NHS work.
1. Certificates without examination
a) Straightforward certificates of fact - £16.50
b) More complex certificates - £28.00 to £58.50
Private sick note (incapacity certificate), required by patient for presentation to an employer (except those that the doctor is obliged to provide for statutory sick pay (SSP) purposes)
- accident/sickness insurance certificate - short certificate of incapacity without examination for patient to claim under accident/sickness insurance
- freedom from infection certificate,e.g. for school, travel or employment
- validation of private medical insurance (PMI) claim form, to support a claim for benefit in connection with private medical insurance, or completion of a 'pre-treatment’ form
- school fees and holiday insurance certificates
- health club – brief written report to certify that a patient is fit for exercise
2. Work in surgery
a) Extract from records - £62.50
b) Report on a pro forma, no examination (e.g. 20 minutes) - £83.50
c) Written report without examination, providing a detailed opinion and statement on the condition of the patient (e.g. 30 minutes) - £124.50
d) HGV medicals - £100
e) Taxi medicals - £60
f) Comprehensive clinical examination including report, certificate, or completion of necessary forms (e.g. 45 minutes) - £180.00
accident/sickness insurance – to support a claim for payment of benefit under accident/sickness insurance policy
- employment – for pre-employment or on an employee, requested by an employer
- fitness for education – to attend university, college, teacher and nurses training and for dentists, completion of the form of application for first registration of a dentist issued by the GDC
- pharmaceutical trials – report on suitability of patient to take part as non-patient volunteer
- private medical insurance: report on prospective subscriber to a private medical insurance (PMI) scheme (e.g.BUPA, PPP, WPA, etc)